Monday, August 29, 2011

Back To Civilization!

I am back to civilization tonight from the back country!  But what country it is!  I've driven on some of the most beautiful stretches of roadway imaginable.  Today, I was dodging Rocky Mountain Sheep.  I am now in the pretty little town of Banff, Alberta.  It reminds me of Gatlinburg, lined with shops and people.   For the previous two nights, I was in the country of the railroad barons who opened up this country to tourists.  The hotels they built are much the same today.

My hotel here in Banff is perched on the side of a mountain and my window faces a giant gray peak. The weather has been awesome (even a little too hot for me!), but that may change tomorrow.   We are supposed to have some rain. 

I have met some interesting people and I have been blessed with safe travels so far.  I had no way to communicate while deep in the mountains, so I have a lot of catching up to do.  But, I've been driving most all day, and I'm very tired.  I am having a wonderful time.  More tomorrow.... 


No comments: