Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Home again....

I made it safely home!  My adventure is complete and I'm so glad I did it.  Thanks for all who followed.  I don't know why the comments section would not work - I tried to enable them for everyone.  This Google blog was new to me.  I wish you all could have commented. 

My last day was uneventful - the drive to the Calgary Airport.  I was glad I had my GPS - things were not too well labeled.  I was a little nervous going through Customs, but didn't have any problem.

From Calgary, I flew to Minneapolis-St. Paul.  A big, burly guy sat next to me.  He was headed to Buffalo, New York.  He had been competing in the International Highland Games in Calgary.  That is where they throw these huge poles (like telephone poles) and rocks and other manly things in kilts.   It originated in Scotland.   He had won second place and was a little bummed about that.  He had been competing for several years.  He was interesting to talk to.

On the final leg, I sat with a woman who worked at Stockyards Bank and had three Shelty dogs.

The flights were great and both actually arrived at the airport early.  I slept most of the day yesterday....  It was a great experience.   

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME PICS, PATTY! Thanks for sharing!!!

intherace said...

I admire your determination, friend, and I'm so happy your trip was all you'd hoped it would be. Your photos are breathtaking, and I bet your communion with God was sweet.

Oh, the majesty of The Creator, our Lord! "Join with all nature in manifold witness, to God's great faithfulness, mercy, and love!"